Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Jackson <MJ...@MAIL.NYSED.GOV> on 2006/01/24 20:16:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Large SSL Form Proxy Problem with 2.0.55 - REPOST

I'm having trouble with Large SSL forms when I upgrade to Apache
2.0.55.

I have a Reverse Proxy setup that passes information along to a backend
server.  On Forms that are above a certain size, it seems to chop off
the beginning of the request.  This only happens with the form when it
is proxied via SSL, it works just fine when doing a POST via the non-SSL
port.

The problem does has not occured in all of the previous versions of
Apache I've run (2.0.48-2.0.54), so I've downgraded the proxy servers to
2.0.54 as a work around.

The log files show that the request is successful, but of course the
Application on the backend is unhappy because it isn't getting all the
data.  I also did a packet capture which showed that the packet size was
significantly smaller but didn't show any network errors.

Has anyone else encountered an issue with this or have any ideas what
might be going on?

Mark L. Jackson
UNIX System Administrator
Software Unit