Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Shepherd <Ch...@huawei.com> on 2015/10/20 01:27:05 UTC

Filter RDD

Hi all, <br>
I have a very simple question.<br>
I have a RDD, saying r1, which contains 5 columns, with both string and
Int.<br>
How can I get a sub RDD, based on a rule, that the second column equals to a
string (s)?<br>

Thanks a lot.

Re: Filter RDD

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
See the filter() method:
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/rdd/RDD.scala#L334

Cheers

Re: Filter RDD

Posted by "ravi.gawai" <ra...@gmail.com>.
you can use mapfunction..

This is java example..

 final JavaRDD<Product> rdd1 = sc.textFile("filepath").map((line) -> {
//logic for line to product converstion});

Product class might have 5 attributes like you said class Product{
String str1;
int i1;
String str2;
int i2;
String str3;
// with getter setters
}
Now you can convert this Product RDD to another CustomRDD lets say Class
SubProduct{ String str1;int i1; //getter setters }

     final JavaRDD<SubProduct> rdd2 = rdd1.map(product -> {
                final SubProduct subProduct = new SubProduct();

                // map product attributes to subProduct attributes;
                return subProduct;
            });