Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nikhil Chhaochharia <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/25 12:22:53 UTC

Field specific synonyms

Hi,

I am using the 'text' fieldType from the sample schema.xml of Solr.

I have multiple fields which are of 'text' type but I want to use separate synonym files for each of the fields.  For example, SynonymFilter should use synonym_abcd.txt for the field named 'abcd' and synonym_xyz.txt for the field named 'xyz'.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?  I am using the latest nightly build of Solr.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Re: Field specific synonyms

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I believe the answer is you will need to have a different field type
for each.  Just copy the text field type and name it text-abcd, etc.
with each one configured to use the synonym file you want.

-Grant

Re: Field specific synonyms

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Nikhil Chhaochharia
<ni...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I am using the 'text' fieldType from the sample schema.xml of Solr.
>
>  I have multiple fields which are of 'text' type but I want to use separate synonym files for each of the fields.  For example, SynonymFilter should use synonym_abcd.txt for the field named 'abcd' and synonym_xyz.txt for the field named 'xyz'.
>
>  Any suggestions on how to achieve this?  I am using the latest nightly build of Solr.

Make a different text field (e.g. text1, text2, text3) for each one.
Use the original text field as a template (just change the name and
the synonym file).

-Yonik