Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org> on 2010/01/20 17:39:23 UTC

Geronimo JPA 2.0 API

Hi,

In testing I have found that the Geronimo JPA API is being exported at the wrong version in its bundle manifest. As the JPA version 2.0 API is compatible with version 1.0, the OSGi version for those packages should be 1.1.0, not 2.0.0.

What do people think the best solution for this is? We can either raise a JIRA against Geronimo to get this fixed, or we can re-package the API within Aries using the correct OSGi version.

Regards,

Tim

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/

Re: Geronimo JPA 2.0 API

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
I verified that we followed the same versioning as the RI API used in
Eclipselink (they used 2.0.0), so I'd say our artifact usage of 2.0 is
fine and that this is an OSGi EEG RFC 143 matter....

-Donald

Re: Geronimo JPA 2.0 API

Posted by Ian Robinson <ia...@googlemail.com>.
While there is a lot of discussion in the OSGi EEG about *future*
versioning policy for APIs defined outside OSGi, there was a final
decision for JPA in the OSGi 4.2 Enterprise Specification. Which is that
the JPA 2.0 API packages should be exported as version 1.1 with a 'jpa'
attribute indicating the spec version. For example:
Export-Package: javax.persistence; version=1.1; jpa=2.0
And the RI will be changed in line with this. I believe the RI may also
export the API packages at 2.0 but the spec won't require this.
- Ian

1.1 API a JPA 2.0 provider  Fi for the

Re: Geronimo JPA 2.0 API

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.