Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Elena Litani <hl...@jtcsv.com> on 2000/12/01 00:17:15 UTC

Optimizing Xerces

Hi,
This patch addresses the problem reported in email "Rampant object
creation under Xerces J" from Andy Wai.

In general, Xerces-J was creating way too many objects, when the
validation is turned off. For example, if user creates a parser and when
in loop call parse() of the same small XML document (which does not even
has <!DOCTYPE> line):
In xerces-j 1.2.1 we would create ~132,000 objects.
After the fix, we would create only 44,000 objects for the described
above case.

Can somebody look at this fix and possibly apply it?

Thank you,
Elena