Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2003/09/03 13:07:37 UTC

POI Website

As the project as matured the POI web site has grown organically to
accommodate that growth.  Unfortunately I think we're now at the stage were
things are a bit messy and it's not holding together as well as it once may
have.

I'd like to open up discussions as to what you think the main problems are
and some idea's how we might fix them without having to invest huge amounts
of time in complete rewrites.

I'll kick it off with a few things I can see:

Problem)  Some of the content is out of date.
Potential Solution)  Identify out of date content and rewrite it.

Problem)  The navigation system is kind of awkward.
Potential Solution)  Tabs for each project?
Potential Solution)  More clearly defining user oriented content and
developer oriented content.
Potential Solution)  Maybe using forrest sitemaps will give us better control.

Problem)  How do we keep the translations up to date?  For instance I just
noticed that the german translations still point to the old download location.
Potential Solution)  Need owner for each translation who is willing to
watch for changes as they come through.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au