Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Panidhar Kunchala <ph...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/12 15:28:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Server as Forward Proxy - how to make https and others work?

Hi,
 I'm using Apache HTTP server as forward proxy by adding the following lines
in httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests On

<Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Proxy>

</IfModule>

This works perfectly fine for http traffi. But when I use HTTPS or others,
this doesn't seem to work. Let me know what needs to be done for this.

Thanks in advance

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Server as Forward Proxy - how to make https and others work?

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Panidhar Kunchala
<ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm using Apache HTTP server as forward proxy by adding the following lines
> in httpd.conf:
>
> <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
> ProxyRequests On
>
> <Proxy *>
>     Order deny,allow
>     Allow from all
> </Proxy>
>
> </IfModule>
>
> This works perfectly fine for http traffi. But when I use HTTPS or others,
> this doesn't seem to work. Let me know what needs to be done for this.

HTTPS proxying is somewhat different. You need support for the
"CONNECT" methof, so mod_proxy_connect must be enabled.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org