Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2007/11/02 11:21:09 UTC

cocoon 2.2 - input module for global properties

Hi all,

I am looking for the input module which returns the properties which I
have configured in
myBlock/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/properties/test.properties

I found out that I can use the properties in my sitemap as:
{global:myProp}
but I am using
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule/
"...The generator contacts the input module and gets an iterator of all
attribute names. This iterator will be then used to receive the values
of the key..."

It seems that the generator can connect to the input module "global" but
it returns
<properties input-module="global"/>
meaning it seems that the getAttributeNames(...) does not work well for
the corresponding module.

Which is the class for the global input module in 2.2?

salu2

Re: cocoon 2.2 - input module for global properties

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 11:21 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for the input module which returns the properties which I
> have configured in
> myBlock/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/properties/test.properties
>
> I found out that I can use the properties in my sitemap as:
> {global:myProp}
> but I am using
> http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule/
> "...The generator contacts the input module and gets an iterator of all
> attribute names. This iterator will be then used to receive the values
> of the key..."
>
> It seems that the generator can connect to the input module "global" but
> it returns
> <properties input-module="global"/>
> meaning it seems that the getAttributeNames(...) does not work well for
> the corresponding module.
>
> Which is the class for the global input module in 2.2?

I found it: SettingsInputModule
and like I thought:

public Iterator getAttributeNames(Configuration modeConf, Map
objectModel)
    throws ConfigurationException {
        return IteratorUtils.EMPTY_ITERATOR;
    }

Changing this to
public Iterator getAttributeNames(Configuration modeConf, Map
objectModel)
    throws ConfigurationException {
    	final Settings settings =
(Settings)WebAppContextUtils.getCurrentWebApplicationContext().getBean(Settings.ROLE);
        return settings.getPropertyNames().iterator();
    }

works like a charm.

salu2