Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Sonia Gomez <go...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/20 09:24:37 UTC

Extraction results

HiI extract entity from text, but the relevance of extraction isn't very good, in my texte I have some technical informations like "push On/Off" or "Vertical"Stanbol extract this entity :People :
Referenced entitiesGeorge V of the United KingdomCharles V, Holy Roman EmperorPhilip V of SpainMentionsV

PharaohReferenced entitiesPharaohJesusAl MichaelsMentionsOn

any idea to resolve this mistake. Thanks :)

Re: Extraction results

Posted by Luca Dini <di...@celi.it>.
Dear Sonia,
As far as I can understand, Stanbol core mission is to provide an
integration framework, and not necessarily to provide state-of-art NLP
technologies. The problem you mention will pop-up probably in any
application context which uses an out-of-the-box model, be it OpenNLP or
whatever else. We are working in integrating also Linguagrid services in
Stanbol: this will provide the user with more options, probably allowing
her the implementation of a voting mechanism, but again, even linguagrid
WS are trained on specific corpora (mostly DBpedia, not surprisingly:-)
) and are consequently equally biased.

Cheers,
Luca

Re: Extraction results