Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/09 23:51:59 UTC

URL Schema on ActiveMQ6 Discussion (ACTIVEMQ6-7)

We have recently implemented URL schemas for ConnectionFactories on
Activemq6 and I'm currently extending that support through ACTIVEMQ6-7
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACTIVEMQ6-7>

I then looked at how that's done on ActiveMQ5 and there's some refactoring
done through IntrospectionSupport (i) to set properties through the URL
properties.

I was thinking about using BeanUtils now instead of doing our own
reflection. That would make us to include another dependency towards
BeanUtils though.. and I'm always up to have the embedded version having as
little dependencies as possible. But I believe BeanUtils would be a small
add on to the dependency tree.

Does anyone see any reason against adding BeanUtils and doing our own
reflection instead?

(i):
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/trunk/activemq-client/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/util/IntrospectionSupport.java

Re: URL Schema on ActiveMQ6 Discussion (ACTIVEMQ6-7)

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
thanks,

I'm making progress... I'm implementing a model of factories and
abstracts.. I should send the PR around early next week.

We will be using the same URL schema for acceptors, configuring the server
as well.. what should simplify the configuration.

I will provide some more information next week...

and Yes! I will use BeanUtils... I was asking here just to double check
there wouldn't be any reason against it.

http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@jboss.com
http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: URL Schema on ActiveMQ6 Discussion (ACTIVEMQ6-7)

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Clebert,