Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Artem Karpenko <go...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/10 11:02:22 UTC

Building Solr 4.9.0 with maven: FileNotFoundException for lucene\tools\forbiddenApis\rue.txt

Hi,

I'm trying to build Apache Solr 4.9.0 using Apache Maven 3.0 and am
getting an error

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal de.thetaphi:forbiddenapis:1.4:check
(check-rue) on project lucene-core: IO problem while reading files with
API signatures: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
D:\work-files\workspace\solr-4.9.0.OXSEED.1\lucene\tools\forbiddenApis\rue.txt
(═х єфрхЄё  эрщЄш єърчрээ√щ Їрщы) -> [Help 1]

I've found appropriate forbiddenapis declaration in POM file but there
is no rue.txt file in the project at all. Is this a bug, should I raise
an issue in JIRA?

Best,
Artem.

Re: Building Solr 4.9.0 with maven: FileNotFoundException for lucene\tools\forbiddenApis\rue.txt

Posted by Artem Karpenko <go...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Steve, and sorry for the long response.
While your suggestion worked, after some thinking I decided to use Ant
build for our purposes, modifying ivy.* files when required.

Best,
Artem.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Artem,

LUCENE-5757 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5757> removed this file, but didn’t modify the Maven POM templates.

I didn’t notice the problem until after 4.9 was released, but I fixed the problem on branch_4x in the following commit: <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1607523>.  You can make the same changes locally to get the Maven build to work, e.g. from a checked out 4.9 tag <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_4_9_0/>:

svn merge -c 1607523 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branch_4x

When I did the above, ‘mvn -DskipTests install’ worked for me.

Steve