Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Kai Wei <we...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/04 00:41:10 UTC

ws-security (wss4j) question

All the client-config.wsdd files I have seen use a callback class to
return the password, as shown below.

	  <requestFlow>
	   <handler type="java:org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllSender" >
	    <parameter name="action" value="UsernameToken"/>
	    <parameter name="user" value="user"/>
	    <parameter name="passwordType" value="PasswordText" />
	    <parameter name="passwordCallbackClass"
	      value="org.apache.ws.axis.oasis.PWCallback"/>
	   </handler>
	  </requestFlow>

My question is: Is there anyway I can specify the password inline in
client-config.wsdd?

thanks a lot in advance.

Re: possible memory leak in WSSignEnvelope build

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Can you please open a bug report with a small test case?

thanks,
dims

Re: ws-security (wss4j) question

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
No, there is no way to do it unless you change the source.

Setting a password in the deployment files is a bad idea because these
files are cleartext and thus a password is not secure anymore.

regards,
Werner