Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Jeremy Daggett <no...@github.com> on 2015/01/13 20:26:00 UTC

[jclouds] Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X (#643)

This PR refactors the filesystem blobstore tests slightly for Mac OS.

- Utilizes class/method level `dataProvider` and `dataProviderClass` in tests where necessary
- (minor) 3-space indent cleanup

`org.jclouds.util.TestUtils`
- pulled up constants from `org.jclouds.filesystem.utils.TestUtils`
- pulled up `@DataProvider` for Mac OS/Windows
- pulled up `isWindowsOs()` method

`org.jclouds.filesystem.integration.FilesystemBlobIntegrationTest`
- pulled up description of Mac OS xattrs bug info to class level
- added failing methods from `BaseBlobIntegrationTest`
- now skips all tests on Mac OS

@zack-shoylev Can you please run this on Windows for a sanity check? Thx!
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/rackspace/jclouds refactor/filesystem-tests-osx

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643

-- Commit Summary --

  * Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X

-- File Changes --

    M apis/filesystem/src/test/java/org/jclouds/filesystem/FilesystemBlobStoreTest.java (14)
    M apis/filesystem/src/test/java/org/jclouds/filesystem/integration/FilesystemBlobIntegrationTest.java (66)
    M apis/filesystem/src/test/java/org/jclouds/filesystem/integration/FilesystemContainerIntegrationTest.java (17)
    M apis/filesystem/src/test/java/org/jclouds/filesystem/strategy/internal/FilesystemStorageStrategyImplTest.java (18)
    M apis/filesystem/src/test/java/org/jclouds/filesystem/utils/TestUtils.java (356)
    M core/src/test/java/org/jclouds/utils/TestUtils.java (30)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643

Re: [jclouds] Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X (#643)

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <no...@github.com>.
@andrewgaul sure thing. closing...

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643#issuecomment-69807025

Re: [jclouds] Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X (#643)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
@kahing Can you review this?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643#issuecomment-69805174

Re: [jclouds] Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X (#643)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
There's a lot going on here -- can we break this up into a few different pull requests, e.g., reindentation, Mac OS fixes, etc.?  Thanks!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643#issuecomment-69806634

Re: [jclouds] Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X (#643)

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <no...@github.com>.
@kahing @andrewgaul Just FYI I didn't spend any more time on this after closing this PR because of other priorities. As of today, the master branch has been broken for a week on Mac OS X. :disappointed: Can you guys please provide a fix for it that makes sense for the filesystem provider? Should I submit a JIRA?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643#issuecomment-70349617

Re: [jclouds] Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X (#643)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
>     @Test(dataProvider = "ignoreOnMacOSX")
>     @Override
>     public void testCreateBlobWithExpiry() throws InterruptedException {
>        super.testCreateBlobWithExpiry();
>     }
> +
> +   @Test(dataProvider = "ignoreOnMacOSX")
> +   @Override
> +   public void testPutByteSource() throws Exception {
> +      super.testPutByteSource();
> +   }
> +
> +   @Test(dataProvider = "ignoreOnMacOSX")
> +   @Override
> +   public void testPutInputStream() throws Exception {
> +      super.testPutInputStream();

This doesn't seem like the right approach.  Instead this should override `checkContentMetadata` and similar.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643/files#r22888595

Re: [jclouds] Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X (#643)

Posted by Ka-Hing Cheung <no...@github.com>.
sure thing I will look at this now

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643#issuecomment-70354401

Re: [jclouds] Refactor blobstore filesystem tests for Mac OS X (#643)

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <no...@github.com>.
Closed #643.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/643#event-218319306