Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/06/01 04:27:35 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate JSecurity Project

IMHO, the decision on build tools belongs to the community.

I've signed on to mentor this project.

Maybe there is a "fast track" through the incubator, and this is a
good project to try it out. Can JSecurity get graduated in six months?

Craig

On May 30, 2008, at 9:08 AM, Jeremy Haile wrote:

> Ant+Ivy vs Maven =)
>

> On May 30, 2008, at 12:06 PM, James Carman wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny
>> <el...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Maven vs Ant vs Buildr ?
>>
>> Who uses Ant or Buildr? ;)

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate JSecurity Project

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.
Hi Craig,
We're definitely happy to have you as a mentor.  Thanks for joining in!

Have you joined the developer list?  I have at least one question to ask you
thus far, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Thanks!

Les

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Alex,

I think the proposal is a good one and has good prospects for success.
No quarrel with anything you've said.

Craig

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On May 31, 2008, at 7:27 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> I've signed on to mentor this project.

Great!

> Maybe there is a "fast track" through the incubator, and this is a
> good project to try it out. Can JSecurity get graduated in six months?

IIUC, all incubator projects are on the "fast track".   I personally
like to see one release under incubation to see the podling in
action.  It's always interesting to see what happens when  people

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
> IMHO, the decision on build tools belongs to the community.
>
> I've signed on to mentor this project.
>
> Maybe there is a "fast track" through the incubator, and this is a good
> project to try it out. Can JSecurity get graduated in six months?

This would probably depends on the podling being able to demonstrate
to IPMC that they are ready and they have met the requirements in [1].
Having said that, I have seen podlings that are very active, lots of
users, but having difficulty to really get the Apache Way.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer