Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Pavel Chadnov <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 02:10:14 UTC

Hive unit testing and MySQL driver

Hello,

I'm trying to make sure that unit tests are passed on my local machine for
Hive 0.13 but for ql module I get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.
I'm running the tests using line: "mvn test -Phadoop-2"
How can I have the tests passed?
Thank you

Pavel Chadnov

Re: Hive unit testing and MySQL driver

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.
I havent seen that error before, and cant think why it would need mysql
driver.  The tests run with Derby out of the box.  Did you modify some
dependencies?  Can you paste the exact error you see?

Thanks
Szehon