Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2010/12/18 08:31:42 UTC

Re: ofbiz help formatting

From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>
> we cannot use the docbook xsl files because that is too slow and takes a
> lot of processing. ftl is much quicker here.....so in the help files we
> use a limited docbook functionality
>
> Regards,
> Hans

Yes, now that it works again, on demo trunk it takes 30 sec to perform
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/cmssite/cms/APACHE_OFBIZ_HTML

BJ: as we already spoken about that, I know you only used it as an example. For the others please don't use this link on demo, use
only the Online Help (question Mark button)!

Thanks

Jacques
PS: for users (I already sent to dev list), we have now 4GB of memory for our demo instances and I have fixed a bag locking threads
bug yesterday. So you should have a better experience now. Though we still have an issue related to this bug
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6916062. We use 6u22-rev(b04) which has a buggy Hot Spot, I will upgrade to 6u22-rev(b09)
soon. Then we should be able to run 3 demos when needed, I mean R9.04, R10.04 and trunk...

Re: OFBiz demos [was Re: ofbiz help formatting]

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
thanks Jacques, for you dedication to this problem

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 12/18/2010 3:54 AM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Seems that the bug fix and JVM upgrade did the trick. Any crashes since, when we had 2 or 3 by days before. I'm sure we all enjoy
:o)

The point to remember: the 64bits JVM for server is buggy between 1.6.0_18  and 1.6.0_22-b09 (also wrong: 1.6.0_23-b01, see link
below for those interested).
AFAIK, only the 64bits JVM server version is wrong, due to its Hot Spot compiler. Also maybe only AMD64 servers are concerned, not
sure. At least the version below, 1.6.0_23-b05, is safe...

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thank you, Jacques.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: ofbiz help formatting

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
sounds good.
I just refrain from using my URL for the mailing list.
since I know it is ok will use my server from now on.
:D

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 12/18/2010 5:56 AM:

Re: ofbiz help formatting

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Re: ofbiz help formatting