Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2007/10/05 07:22:09 UTC

Re: svn commit: r581797 - in /turbine/fulcrum/trunk/crypto: ./ src/java/org/apache/fulcrum/crypto/ src/java/org/apache/fulcrum/crypto/impl/ src/java/org/apache/fulcrum/crypto/provider/ xdocs/

commons-codec was in fact a pre-existing dependency so it was hardly
likely to cause problems for anyone.

While my personal preference would be to retain the pre-existing
dependency, Siegfried does at least have a rational for the way he
implemented it and a counter-argument to the maintenance point (key
phrase: "in this case").

Let's try and not discourage any efforts that go into moving us forward.

Scott