Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Li Yang <li...@apache.org> on 2015/11/03 11:42:51 UTC

about HBase 1.x support and HDP 2.3

Many is asking or have hit problem running Kylin on HBase 1.x or HDP 2.3.
So I spend some time testing on a HDP 2.3.1 sandbox and here is the status.

Now the *1.x-HBase1.1.3* branch contains latest code that can work on HBase
1.1.3 or above. Known problems like fail to find hive dependency and sample
cube not working have all been fixed. All unit test and integration test
passed on the 2.3.1 sandbox (except one thing, more on this below), sample
cube can build and query.

I will maintain *1.x-HBase1.1.3* regularly by taking the latest 1.x-staging
and apply a patch on top.

Note the requirement of HBase version 1.1.3 (or above). There is a known
bug in HBase earlier versions about fuzzy key filter that will cause
missing rows or lesser aggregations in Kylin result.

Cheers
Yang

RE: about HBase 1.x support and HDP 2.3

Posted by "Ji, Hao Wei Jeffery" <Je...@dnvgl.com>.
Thanks for answer my stupid question :)

And it finally works! Will try some sample cubes!

Br,
Jeffery

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: about HBase 1.x support and HDP 2.3

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: about HBase 1.x support and HDP 2.3

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!

Best Regards!

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!

Best Regards!

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.
Thanks Yang for fixing the issues on HBase 1.1! So we need download the
new HDP 2.3.1 sandbox vm for dev/testing. Forwarding to user mailing list
also.