Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by in...@itg.hitachi.co.jp on 2015/05/28 08:47:12 UTC

Joining a Windows VMs to AD domain automatically

Dear VCL Team.

We would like to Windows 8.1 on a VCL virtual machine join to the MS Active Directory(AD) domain automatically.

Please let me know how to edit the sysprep answer file on VCL system.
(I can't found vcl wiki page)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Takao Inoue

Re: Joining a Windows VMs to AD domain automatically

Posted by "Basilio, Norvin" <nb...@odu.edu>.
Hello Juniad,

I’m interested in trying this patch as well. Can you tell me what I might expect if I try to implement this patch with 2.3.0 vcl code?

Norvin Basilio
Email: nbasilio@odu.edu<ma...@odu.edu>

From: Junaid Ali <al...@iit.edu>>
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM
To: "user@vcl.apache.org<ma...@vcl.apache.org>" <us...@vcl.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Joining a Windows VMs to AD domain automatically

Hello Takao,
Recenty I've submitted a patch that provides complete support for configuring Active Directory authentication for Windows VM's within VCL 2.3.2. The patch is available at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VCL-867

Junaid.

________________________________

Spam<https://www.spamtrap.odu.edu/canit/b.php?i=03OxqEHkA&m=8b4c01cc083c&t=20150528&c=s>
Not spam<https://www.spamtrap.odu.edu/canit/b.php?i=03OxqEHkA&m=8b4c01cc083c&t=20150528&c=n>
Forget previous vote<https://www.spamtrap.odu.edu/canit/b.php?i=03OxqEHkA&m=8b4c01cc083c&t=20150528&c=f>

Re: Joining a Windows VMs to AD domain automatically

Posted by Junaid Ali <al...@iit.edu>.
Hello Takao,

Re: Re: Joining a Windows VMs to AD domain automatically

Posted by Junaid Ali <al...@iit.edu>.
Hi Takao,
I haven't gotten a chance to test my patch with cygwin 2.0.2 but I wouldn't
suspect it to have any issues. My patch uses the same underlying API's that
the rest of VCL uses to communicate with the VM's. If VCL itself works with
cygwin 2.0.2 then my patch shouldn't have any issues.
Please let me know if you have any other questions/comments.

Thanks.
Junaid.

Posted by in...@itg.hitachi.co.jp.