Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Tom van den Berg <To...@infosupport.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/16 14:02:52 UTC

Transparent PUB_SUB

Hi,

I'm currently working with qpid dispatch routers 1.15 and activeMQ artemis and I would like to create a transparent router network. The idea is that subscribers can connect to there local router and that there is a router somewhere in the network that contains a connection to a broker.

I managed to get it working with link routing (then a link route queue is build up for every consumer) but I would like to get this working with message routing. I have used autolinks to connect the router to a broker, but as the documentation says, autolinks are a facade, they act like a single consumer/producer and it doesn't matter how much clients are connected to the router. The problem is that if there is a consumer that is offline, this consumer will not receive the messages that are send via the broker if there is another consumer for the same address.

[cid:fb76e55f-cd6f-4230-ab44-8701894075da]

The drawn boxes are consumers that need to get all messages that are send to the broker on the other side of the network and not miss messages when they are offline for a certain time.

I hope you guys can provide me with an working router configuration that should make this situation possible.

Kind regards,

Tom van den Berg
Software consultant
e-mail : tom.vandenberg@infosupport.com
mobiel : +31 (06) 1278 7114

Info Support
Kruisboog 42
3905 TG Veenendaal
tel. : +31 (0)318 55 20 20
www.infosupport.com<http://www.infosupport.com/>

Op dit e-mailbericht is de disclaimer van Info Support van toepassing, zie http://www.infosupport.com/disclaimer

Re: Transparent PUB_SUB

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 16/02/2021 14:02, Tom van den Berg wrote:
> I'm currently working with qpid dispatch routers 1.15 and activeMQ
> artemis and I would like to create a transparent router network. The
> idea is that subscribers can connect to there local router and that
> there is a router somewhere in the network that contains a connection to
> a broker.
>

> I managed to get it working with link routing (then a link route queue
> is build up for every consumer) but I would like to get this working
> with message routing. I have used autolinks to connect the router to a
> broker, but as the documentation says, autolinks are a facade, they act
> like a single consumer/producer and it doesn't matter how much clients
> are connected to the router. The problem is that if there is a consumer
> that is offline, this consumer will not receive the messages that are
> send via the broker if there is another consumer for the same address.

That is why you need to use link routing, so that the broker sees each
consumer and creates a subscription queue for it. Message routing won't
work.