Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Phase Web and Multimedia <ma...@phase.ws> on 2002/04/04 12:11:41 UTC

DynaValidatorActionForm/DynaValidatorAction

Can someone please give me a snippet of code that uses these classes
properly. I have found no examples. Perhaps because it is new, maybe. But, I
have tried to use it like the DynaActionForm in my form-bean declaration and
I have tried to cast it from the ActionForm form in my Action class to both
DynaValidatorActionForm and DynaValidatorForm. On the first one I get a null
pointer exception on the getProperty(...) and on the latter I get
ClassCastExcpetion. I am not sure what I am doing. But, can someone provide
an explanation or example. I've got a better understanding of the
DynaActionForm. Now, I need some help with DynaValidatorActionForm and
DynaValidatorAction. Also, why the two different DynaValidator classes. What
are the differences between the two besides logging?

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245
F (406) 862-0354
mail@phase.ws
http://www.phase.ws

Re: DynaValidatorActionForm/DynaValidatorAction

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.
DynaValidatorForm just extends DynaActionForm and
overrides the validate method.  From a discussion on
the dev list I was under the impression that it would
work the same, but I didn't have time to test them or
make examples.  I was rushed to get them into the
beta.  If you can't just replace DynaValidatorForm in
a working DynaActionForm, could you file a bug in
bugzilla so it doesn't get missed and definitely gets
fixed for Struts 1.1?

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

ValidatorForm & DynaValidatorForm use
mapping.getAttribute() to retrieve the form

DynaActionForm & DynaValidatorActionForm use
mapping.getPath() to retrieve a form

David