Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2008/04/08 17:16:13 UTC

Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2008-04-08

Attendees: Lawrence Mandel, John Kaputin

Minutes

1. Open Action Items - Lawrence Mandel

2008-02-26 - John will update the milestone 8 date on the Web site.
2008-04-08
Lawrence: Woden M8 is set to release this week. I'll update the Web site
with the release date.
Closed.

2008-02-26 - John will update the instructions on running the W3C WSDL
validation report in the Woden development process document.
2008-04-08
John: I'll take a look at this after the Woden M8 release.

2. Milestone 8 (M8) Status - John Kaputin

Lawrence: Axiom is set to be released tomorrow. There are two Jiras Woden
needs to resolve before releasing: WODEN-204 and AXIS2-3717. I'll work on
WODEN-204 today and have comments for AXIS2-3717. Woden M8 should start
the release process after Axiom is released.

3. Development Discussion - All

Lawrence: John, did you have time to look at WODEN-204?
John: The URLs in use are specifying the file in a query parameter. I'm
guessing this is causing the problem. Keith said he's not using a customer
resolver so the failure may be in the way the Woden resolver uses URLs.
Lawrence: The URLs are standard URLs so Woden should support this
scenario.
John: This may be a problem with the URL getting truncated. We will need
to investigate more to understand the failure.
Lawrence: I'll look at this issue today.

Lawrence: Dims just brought AXIS2-3737 to my attention. There are two
Woden errors:
Woden[Error],0:0,WSDL502,Could not create a URL from context URI "null"
and location URI "null".
Looks like a problem with the URL that's passed in to the readWSDL method.
I'll comment on the Jira and see about understanding better how the URL is
passed to Woden.
John: Woden's error message should be more descriptive in this case.
Lawrence: I'll open a Jira for the error message.

Lawrence: Peter Danielsen raised an issue about validating extension
elements with children extension elements.
John: We don't have a good answer for this. Currently assertions for the
parent extension elements will need to know how to handle the children
extension elements either themselves or by delegating.
Lawrence: This isn't consistent with the WSDL element assertions, which
don't have to handle child elements. We should try and get consistency
here. I responded to Peter's post with the alternate framework
implementation suggestion of having each assertion walk the tree. This can
be a viable solution if we merge the component and element models to
remove the performance road block of regenerating the component model for
each assertion.
John: I'll need to dig into the code to see if I can come up with any
other alternative solutions for this issue.

4. Other Business - All

Lawrence: The Woden status call will be moved regularly to 9am EST from
the current 11am EST and will now be conducted bi-weekly instead of
weekly.

Lawrence: Congratulations to John on a successful move to Australia and
welcome back to Woden!

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Re: Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2008-04-08

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Following up today's status call:

1. I resolved WODEN-204 [1] as invalid. The problem was in the way the
schema was imported (within an inline schema) not with Woden's resolver.

2. I investigated AXIS2-3737 [1] which was thought to be a Woden problem.
The problem is that no base URI is being set on the wsdlSource object
passed to Woden. This prevents Woden from correctly resolving the location
of the schema. I've redirected this issue to an Axis2 dev to fix the
problem on the Axis2 side.

3. I opened WODEN-205 [3] to track the error message issue John raised on
today's call.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WODEN-204
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3717
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WODEN-205