Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/03/23 13:47:19 UTC

Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Jetspeed

Santiago Gala wrote:

> > <http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-03-23/jakarta-jetspeed.html>
>
> BTW, we need the functionality in ExtendedProperties, I hope it
> is still somewhere. Also, turbine people should deprecate this
> kind of classes before removal during at least a couple of weeks
> to avoid things failing like this.

+1

- Sam Ruby

Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Jetspeed

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Sam Ruby wrote:

>>> BTW, we need the functionality in ExtendedProperties, I hope it
>>> is still somewhere. Also, turbine people should deprecate this
>>> kind of classes before removal during at least a couple of weeks
>>> to avoid things failing like this.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> - Sam Ruby
>

> That one's my fault. I will go the way of deprecation from now on :-)

While there is no official turbine release, it could be a good idea to
use the tdk aXX as synchronization points. We are tracking those
releases in Jetspeed. They offer a pointer to a stable turbine code base
for a month :)

You could have something like:

major interface changes are deprecated during a full release cycle of
tdk, and then killed.

Obviously, there will be cases where this desirable goal cannot be
followed. For instance, changing a class to a interface is impossible to
do this way.

Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Jetspeed

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.