Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Yohan Yudanara <yy...@balicamp.com> on 2007/04/18 10:47:36 UTC

@Hidden can't refresh like @TextField

Dear all,

I have a tacos:AjaxDirectLink component which render partial page.
The partial part contains this code: (html file)
<form jwcid="orderForm">
<input class="text medium" jwcid="paymentPrice" type="text"/>   <!-- for
display only -->
<input type="hidden" jwcid="@Hidden" value="ognl:paymentPrice"/>  <!-- I
want to get the value when the form submitted -->
</form>

and the controller contains this code: (page file)
<component id="paymentPrice" type="Insert">
        <binding name="value" value="paymentPrice"/>
        <binding name="format" value="moneyFormat"/>
</component>

Let's say the paymentPrice contains 300. After the tacos:ajaxDirectLink
clicked, the paymentPrice become 200 and it displays correcly on the screen.

When the orderForm being submitted, I was expecting that calling
getPaymentPrice() on Java class will return 200.
But it's still return 300, unless I change the @Hidden component to
@TextField.

When I change @Hidden to @TextField,
<input type="hidden" jwcid="@Hidden" value="ognl:paymentPrice"/>
become
<input type="hidden" jwcid="@TextField" value="ognl:paymentPrice"/>
calling getPaymentPrice() on Java class returned 200 (correct)

Why is this happening?
I'm using Tapestry 4.0.1 and Tacos 4.0.1..

Could somebody explain?
Thanks a lot....

Re: @Hidden can't refresh like @TextField

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Probably something in tacos isn't transferring all element property
attributes properly when updating a node. I only refined methods for doing
this fairly recently so it's no surprise it's still possibly b0rken in
tacos. (since I wrote it)

On 4/18/07, Yohan Yudanara <yy...@balicamp.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a tacos:AjaxDirectLink component which render partial page.
> The partial part contains this code: (html file)
> <form jwcid="orderForm">
> <input class="text medium" jwcid="paymentPrice" type="text"/>   <!-- for
> display only -->
> <input type="hidden" jwcid="@Hidden" value="ognl:paymentPrice"/>  <!-- I
> want to get the value when the form submitted -->
> </form>
>
> and the controller contains this code: (page file)
> <component id="paymentPrice" type="Insert">
>         <binding name="value" value="paymentPrice"/>
>         <binding name="format" value="moneyFormat"/>
> </component>
>
> Let's say the paymentPrice contains 300. After the tacos:ajaxDirectLink
> clicked, the paymentPrice become 200 and it displays correcly on the
> screen.
>
> When the orderForm being submitted, I was expecting that calling
> getPaymentPrice() on Java class will return 200.
> But it's still return 300, unless I change the @Hidden component to
> @TextField.
>
> When I change @Hidden to @TextField,
> <input type="hidden" jwcid="@Hidden" value="ognl:paymentPrice"/>
> become
> <input type="hidden" jwcid="@TextField" value="ognl:paymentPrice"/>
> calling getPaymentPrice() on Java class returned 200 (correct)
>
> Why is this happening?
> I'm using Tapestry 4.0.1 and Tacos 4.0.1..
>
> Could somebody explain?
> Thanks a lot....

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer