Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/11/19 14:07:42 UTC

CloudStack MS on Windows

As insane as it sounds,  we have a definite advantage over other projects since we are running cross platform java.

Why not offer a Windows build as convinience? We are going to take Windows market share that is afraid of Linux command line (that's still a very significant population outside of bay area). I know for certain OS or Euca do not run on Windows.

This maybe our advantage we can use as marketing and get many more people on board.

Any thoughts on marketing?  I will be asking this on dev.

Source: Friend of mine who does ACS development had it running in Windows environment.

- All mistakes in this message are not mine but Android's.

RE: CloudStack MS on Windows

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
I believe he did.

But what does Cygwin gets us?

I'm going to guess, just initial ability to deploy db and do configs, if that’s the case, can that be abstracted with windows native scripting?

Do you know of other instance where Cygwin is needed once everything is configured?

Thanks
ilya

RE: CloudStack MS on Windows

Posted by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com>.