Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by hi...@hadv.nl on 2001/06/04 20:50:03 UTC

DefaultServlet and directory browsing

Hi,

I am trying to disable directory browsing for Tomcat4.0-3b stand-alone.
I changed the int-param listings to false, but this did not yield the expected
result.
However this default servlet seems to be the one in use for my application,
since if I comment it out, images and other static files are not being served
anymore.
Am I overlooking something?

Regards,

Wilko

- - excerpt from web.xml - - - - - -

 <!-- The default servlet that serves static resources -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>0</param-value>
    </init-param>