Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2012/03/08 21:36:29 UTC

Re: Solr-Lucene compatibility

: I have an app the writes lucene indexes and is based on lucene 2.3.0.
:
: Can I read those indexes using solr 3.5.0 and perform a distributed search?
: Or should I use a lower version of solr, so that the index reader is
: compatible with the index writer.

a) Lucene 2.3.0 is pretty damn ancient ... i would strongly recomend you
upgrade to get a lot of bug fixes and performance improvements

b) in general, writing indexes with Lucene and searching them with (a
compatible version of) Solr should work fine -- provided the schema.xml
you configure Solr with matches up with how you've built your index.

-Hoss