Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2001/07/06 20:49:29 UTC

directive handlers + php segv

i'm revisiting this problem and am unable to reproduce with:
mod_perl-1.25_01-dev (current cvs)
apache-1.3.21-dev (current cvs)
perl 5.7.2-dev (current perforce)
Apache::Storage-1.1
php-4.0.6

using the mod_perl-1.25_01-dev/t test setup, at the bottom of
t/conf/httpd.conf, i added:

LoadModule php4_module /home/dougm/httpd/libexec/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

<Perl>
use blib qw(/home/dougm/build/Apache-Storage-1.1);
</Perl>n

PerlModule Apache::Storage
ApacheStore foo "[qw(skdjf slkdjf lskdjf)]"

this perl script runs fine:
use Apache::Storage;
use Data::Dumper;

my $r = shift;
$r->send_http_header;

print Dumper get_storage('foo');

as does this php script:
<? echo "hi" ?>

i can even lookup the perl config from php:

<?
$perl = new Perl;
$foo = $perl->call("Apache::Storage::get_storage", "foo");
$dump = $perl->call("Data::Dumper::Dumper", $foo);
echo $dump;
?>

is anybody still having this problem?  if so, can you provide a simple
test case to reproduce?

Re: directive handlers + php segv

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Brian Aker wrote:

> The problem is, the best test case is to install slash,

i'd be willing todo that with more specific steps of exactly how to
reproduce.  what to download, how to build, what to configure, etc., i
can't take the time to guess.

Re: directive handlers + php segv

Posted by Brian Aker <br...@tangent.org>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:
> is anybody still having this problem?  if so, can you provide a simple
> test case to reproduce?
The problem is, the best test case is to install slash,
http://www.slashcode.com/,
and test against it. It has been pretty haphazard. Most of our users
still
report even using the latest Apache and mod_perl together that
they get a coredump during startup.

I traced this back to when mod_perl does a loop through the
per_dir_config. Something
about either it or php (even though we have found other modules that sit
along
side mod_perl will do it too).
	-Brian