Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/11/16 21:07:14 UTC

Problem with uniqueVersion false in profile

Hi folks... having a small problem getting uniqueVersion false to
function well in a profile.

I have this in my parent pom:

<profile>
     <id>output</id>
     <build>
         <defaultGoal>deploy</defaultGoal>
     </build>
     <distributionManagement>
         <repository>
             <id>output-releases</id>
             <url>file://${output.dir}/release</url>
             <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
         </repository>
         <snapshotRepository>
             <id>output-snapshots</id>
             <url>file://${output.dir}/snapshots</url>
             <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
         </snapshotRepository>
         <site>
             <id>output-website</id>
             <url>file://${output.dir}/website</url>
         </site>
     </distributionManagement>
</profile>

But, when I:

     mvn -Doutput.dir=`pwd`/output -Poutput

I still see artifacts with timestamp versions getting put into the
output dir.

I'm a little confused, as other profiles defined in my parent appear
to work when enabled via -P.

Anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks,

--jason