Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Shane Paul <Sh...@conexa.com> on 2006/04/30 06:46:04 UTC

Embedding Pluto

Well that was a mission, but it is done:

Built the pluto driver+extras from scratch using eclipse and made it
compatible with spring 2.0M3.
Embedded it into our website using nothing more than the portlet tags,
as originally hoped.
I guess now you know it can be done. Writing some docs on what I did for
my personal and company records. If anyone is interested, just ask.

Very happy. :)

The only thing I cannot work out is having to add:
<% new PortalEnvironment(request, response); %>
To the jsp file before using the portlet tag. I understand it places
"things" into the request and/or session scope, but I am not sure why
this does not happen when the tag is called. Will most likely edit the
source again to add this.

cheers.

Shane

Re: Embedding Pluto

Posted by Patrick Huber <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shane

Usually, you'd put this somewhere above the first portlet tag of a jsp
page: <portlet:defineObjects/>. I haven't seen your scriptlet
before... it's probably doing the same. Using the above tag is the
recommended way of initializing portletRequest, portletResponse and a
few other objects.

Patrick

--
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly
by." -- Douglas Adams