Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/04/01 02:19:52 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "ChooseYourRules" by MikeBrown

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The "ChooseYourRules" page has been changed by MikeBrown.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ChooseYourRules?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  = Choose the rules you enable =
+ Everyone's spam is different. What rules and plugins work for me may not work for you.

- Everyone's spam is different. What rules and plugins work for me may not work for you.
+ The best way to know how your installation is working is to check you logs and see what rules are hitting on your spam, and what rules are not. This way you can see which rules are the most productive for your spam. Several good scripts to run against your logs are,

- The best way to know how your installation is working is to check you logs and see what rules are hitting on your spam, and what rules are not. This way you can see which rules are the most productive for your spam. Several good scripts to run against your logs are,
-
-  * [[http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=MikesStatScript|Mikes Stat Script]]
+  * [[http://web.archive.org/web/20041211041335/http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=MikesStatScript|Mikes Stat Script]]
   * [[http://www.rulesemporium.com/programs/sa-stats.txt|sa-stats.pl pre SA version 3.1]]
   * [[http://www.rulesemporium.com/programs/sa-stats-1.0.txt|sa-stats.pl post SA version 3.1]]
-
+
  ''there is no relevance to the list order above''

  Using a log analyzer you can see which rules/plugins are working hardest for you. On our servers Bayes, DCC, Rayzor are all disabled. We catch all the spam we want with a combination of SURBL tests and a few custom rules both written inhouse and by the [[http://rulesemporium.com|SARE Ninjas]].