Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2011/05/01 17:02:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Felix Deployment Admin version 0.9.0, AutoConf 0.1.0, Dependency Manager 3.0.0 (3rd attempt)

Hi all,

This is a release of the Deployment Admin and AutoConf Resource Processor bundles,
combined with the Dependency Manager, which consists of 5 bundles.

It's the third attempt, after the first and second votes were cancelled because of a
few missing header files in the source code.

For Deployment Admin and AutoConf, it's the first release and we're not claiming they
fully implement the spec yet. They are however in a usable state, so we'd like to
solicit more feedback with this release.

For the Dependency Manager, release 3.0.0 represents a huge leap in functionality
that has been under development for some time and has reached the point where
it is in our view stable enough for a release.

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-008/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 008 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Deployment Admin version 0.9.0, AutoConf 0.1.0, Dependency Manager 3.0.0 (3rd attempt)

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> On 5/3/11 11:46, Pierre De Rop wrote:
>>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> - For dm.annotation, indeed, we don't embed json in the artifact, we are
>> only using it at runtime, when the maven plugin is running.
>> So you mean that we can remove LICENSE.json ?
>
> Yes, I thought that was the rule (i.e., only include the license if the
> dependency is included in the artifact). Karl?

Correct, its only needed if its either includes something or its a derived work.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Deployment Admin version 0.9.0, AutoConf 0.1.0, Dependency Manager 3.0.0 (3rd attempt)

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
+1

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards;
/Pierre

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Felix Deployment Admin version 0.9.0, AutoConf 0.1.0, Dependency Manager 3.0.0 (3rd attempt)

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hi all,

The vote has passed with the following result:

  +1 (binding): Pierre De Rop, Carsten Ziegeler,
        Clement Escoffier, Karl Pauls, Marcel Offermans,
        Richard S. Hall
  +1 (non binding): Arjun Panday, Andreas Pieber,
        Jean-Baptiste Onofré

I will copy this release to the Felix dist directory and
promote the artifacts to the central Maven repository.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

Marcel Offermans  wrote

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Deployment Admin version 0.9.0, AutoConf 0.1.0, Dependency Manager 3.0.0 (3rd attempt)

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
+1 (non binding)

/arjun

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Deployment Admin version 0.9.0, AutoConf 0.1.0, Dependency Manager 3.0.0 (3rd attempt)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Looks fine and works :)