Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tirumal Reddy Moolamalla <t....@zensar.com> on 2011/01/31 12:17:55 UTC

Regarding Automating Deployment to JBoss from Nexus

Hi All,

Currently I am able to build my artifacts using Maven and successfully published to Nexus repository. I want to deploy deploy the war files and other configuration zip files from Nexus to the remote Jboss server. I have few doubts regarding this.

1)    Can I use separate pom.xml file for my deployment activity, where I will be mentioning the path of the files from Nexus and path of deployment.

2)    If I have to use the same pom.xml (which is my projects pom), then how can I pick the artifact directly from Nexus repository without looking in local repo or target folder. I had a glance of JBoss plugins and Cargo plugin. But unable to understand how to pick the war/conf files from my Nexus repo where I published previously.

Regards,
Tirumal Reddy M

Re: Regarding Automating Deployment to JBoss from Nexus

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Currently I am able to build my artifacts using Maven and successfully
> published to Nexus repository. I want to deploy deploy the war files
> and other configuration zip files from Nexus to the remote Jboss server.
> I have few doubts regarding this.

You would probably benefit from installing a CI server like
Hudson/Jenkins to use for this purpose.

Wayne

Re: Regarding Automating Deployment to JBoss from Nexus

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
not quite the solution you are looking for but have a look at the
ship-maven-plugin @ mojo