Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Axel Gallus <Ax...@profindis.de> on 2010/11/09 19:40:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Avoiding placing #!path/to/phpinterpreter

Hi Guys,

I set up an envronment where files with *.cgi ending
get executed by the mod_cgi (or mod_cgid).

I have to place the line #!/usr/cgi-bin in each of those files
to let them run by the interpreter.

Is there a way to render this unneccessary so that they automatically get executed by
the interpreter , maybe by a ScripAlias or some other Alias?

Regards

Axel Gallus

Re: [users@httpd] Avoiding placing #!path/to/phpinterpreter

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Axel Gallus <Ax...@profindis.de> wrote:

> I will read about it in the documentation, but maybe you could give me
> an example right off the bat?

something like

<Location /myapp/>             # or other type of container
AddHandler runphp .cgi
Action runphp /cgi-bin/php-cgi
</Location>

with that relative path on the Action, the php-cgi binary would need
to be in serverroot/cgi-bin

alternatively, you can create wrapper in cgi-bin called php-cgi

#!/bin/sh
exec /full/path/to/php-cgi $*

but that has extra processing to get to the real php binary

AW: [users@httpd] Avoiding placing #!path/to/phpinterpreter

Posted by Axel Gallus <Ax...@profindis.de>.
I will read about it in the documentation, but maybe you could give me
an example right off the bat?

thx and regards

A.Gallus

> I set up an envronment where files with *.cgi ending
> get executed by the mod_cgi (or mod_cgid).
>
> I have to place the line #!/usr/cgi-bin in each of those files
> to let them run by the interpreter.
>
> Is there a way to render this unneccessary so that they automatically get
> executed by
> the interpreter , maybe by a ScripAlias or some other Alias?

Action?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com