Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2015/09/08 19:16:01 UTC

v2 API?

Is there any work towards a v2 API yet?  I'd like to have some input on the design, if so.  I'd really like to see the configurations API cleaned up and made more consistent with the rest of the API, for example.  The way it works currently is a pain to handle in the client libraries because it breaks out of the normal patterns used by the rest of the API.  Alternatively, we could just fix the v1 API, but I can't think of a way to handle it without breaking compatibility.

If there isn't anything going on in this area, is it something the community is open to discussing?

Greg

Re: v2 API?

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Greg,

Thanks for bringing up this initiative; this would be a good chance to
come up with a proposal on a google doc so others can comment, and link it
to a Jira.

-Alejandro