Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Matej Varga <ma...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/01 00:48:32 UTC

Saving of a document malfunctional

Good morning

I have had a problem with Apache OpenOffice v. 4.1.7. - a text document was
not saved after the first saving, only after the second one and more
consecutive savings.
Therefore, I have downloaded and installed OpenOffice v. 4.1.14 (the
newest), however, the same problem has been reoccurring. The document is
truly saved only after the second
saving action, not by the first one.

Have you any idea what is the problem? I have windows 11 64 bit OS as many
others.

Thank you for a reply

Best regards

Matej Varga

Re: Saving of a document malfunctional

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Hello Matej,

On Wed, Apr 05, 2023 at 12:32:14AM +0200, Matej Varga wrote:

> Good morning, Arrigo
>
> I click on a blue save icon, and it becomes grey; however, after closing
> and re-opening a document, there are no saved changes visible.
>  E.g. if I add the word "Hello" on page number 25, then that word is not
> visible on page number 25 after re-opening the document.
> So, there has been some malfunction going on - or something else.

This is quite puzzling.

Could you share this file, maybe privately?

The problem may be induced by certain data inside the file. If you
copy and paste all of it, or parts of it, into anoter file, does this
other file show the same behavior?

If so, you could share the least possible part that triggers the problem.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

> so 1. 4. 2023 o 20:24 Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.invalid> napísal(a):
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 02:48:32AM +0200, Matej Varga wrote:
> >
> > > Good morning
> > >
> > > I have had a problem with Apache OpenOffice v. 4.1.7. - a text document
> > was
> > > not saved after the first saving, only after the second one and more
> > > consecutive savings.
> > > Therefore, I have downloaded and installed OpenOffice v. 4.1.14 (the
> > > newest), however, the same problem has been reoccurring. The document is
> > > truly saved only after the second
> > > saving action, not by the first one.
> > >
> > > Have you any idea what is the problem? I have windows 11 64 bit OS as
> > many
> > > others.
> >
> > What do you mean by "not saved"? Do you get any error messages?
> >
> > If OpenOffice considers the document saved, the diskette icon becomes
> > greyed out, and you cannot click it any more, until you make some
> > changes to the document.
> >
> > Does this happen with your document?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > Arrigo

Arrigo

Re: Saving of a document malfunctional

Posted by Matej Varga <ma...@gmail.com>.
Good morning, Arrigo

I click on a blue save icon, and it becomes grey; however, after closing
and re-opening a document, there are no saved changes visible.
 E.g. if I add the word "Hello" on page number 25, then that word is not
visible on page number 25 after re-opening the document.
So, there has been some malfunction going on - or something else.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards

Matej Varga

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.