Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 17:06:07 UTC

[monitoring] Java version

I'm looking at the [monitoring] sandbox component.  (Notwithstanding some
complex approach) it can't be built with a JDK > 1.5 due to the interface
additions made to JDBC in Java 1.6.  As 1.5 is EOL and this is a sandbox
component that may well never see the light of day anyway, any objections
to upgrading to 1.6 and adding the missing methods to the JDBC
implementations so we can at least built the thing simply?

Matt

Re: [monitoring] Java version

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
Both good points, Romain!  If anyone decides to mess with [monitoring] in
the future hopefully they'll be remembered.

Matt

Re: [monitoring] Java version

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi