Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jo...@reasoning.com on 2002/10/04 19:29:40 UTC

Configuring runtime.log for production use

I have some questions about the Velocity's runtime log file.

The first is simple, is there a way to turn it off?  Something like
this:
setProperty("runtime.log", null);
setProperty("runtime.log", "");

If not, can I minimize the amount of stuff written to the log?
I'm switching from a testing type environment to a production
type environment.  Velocity will be used by a TTY application,
so errors will be obvious to the user immeadiately.  On the
other hand, I'm worried about the log file growing and growing
off in a corner somewhere (or leaving little 'velocity.log' turds
all over the file system).  I looked at the on line docs, but
didn't see the answer to this exact question.

Joshua