Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2015/02/27 20:02:23 UTC

Re: [VOTE] [CANCEL] Release UIMA SDK 2.7.0 rc7

A user reported an issue - see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4267.
This is an older problem - it occurs in 2.6.0 as well as 2.7.0.  It probably
hasn't been reported before because it only manifests itself for fairly large
use cases (more than 6 million items in the map).

The fix is pretty small, but it's a blocker for this user's (and of course,
other potentially "large" users') use; so I'm reluctantly concluding that it's
worth rolling back the release, doing the fix, and doing rc8 (a record, I think
:-) ).

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I thought about this, and feel it's better to just keep this as 2.7.0.

I do agree that the release votes can't by themselves, do great QA - that has to
come from
our processes and JUnit tests, and early adopter testing, where possible.

-Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.