Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/07 13:27:26 UTC

New release branch 2.4

Hello Kafka developers and friends,

As promised in the release plan, we now have a release branch for 2.4
release (with 2.4.0 target release version). Trunk will soon be bumped to
2.5.0-SNAPSHOT via https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/7455.

I'll be going over the JIRAs to move every non-blocker from this release to
the next release.

From this point, most changes should go to trunk.
*Blockers (existing and new that we discover while testing the release)
will be double-committed. *Please discuss with your reviewer whether your
PR should go to trunk or to trunk+release so they can merge accordingly.

*Please help us test the release! *

Thanks!

Manikumar