Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net> on 2015/10/26 15:30:47 UTC

Authentication with old LDAP passwords

ACS 4.5.1

Hi

We discovered an issue which can be security relevant and may also exist
in 4.6.

We use LDAP for user authentication, once a user is authenticated, it
seems this password will be cached on cloudstack management.

If the password has been changed on LDAP, the old password(s) still
works for authentication unless you restart the management server.

We didn't find a global setting related to this. Is this wanted?

Otherwise I would create a bug report.

Yours
René

Re: Authentication with old LDAP passwords

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.
Filing a bug report

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.
Hi

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.
ACS doesnt cache passwords. Everytime, the authentication requests goes to
the LDAP server.
In case of Microsoft AD, this is a AD feature. It allows authentication for
certain period of time. Default lifetime period for an old password is 60
minutes.
more details at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/906305

~Rajani

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.
Hi

On 10/27/2015 05:08 AM, Suresh Sadhu wrote:
> HI,
>
> Are you using AD or open LDAP.

OpenLDAP

RE: Authentication with old LDAP passwords

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.
HI,

Are you using AD or open LDAP. In windows even you changed the password for  the ldap  user , old password still work for few seconds. its known issue.  But if its(old password) working after few mins(eg: 1 hour) then please raise a bug.

Can you try your scenario on private window ( press cntl+shift+p in firefox browser)of your browser without restarting the MS.

Regards
Sadhu