Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by bharath vissapragada <bh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/20 12:22:08 UTC

Hbase Map-reduce Scheduler

Hi all ,

Can any one tell me where i can access some docs which gives a good
explanation about how a map-reduce scheduler in Hbase
i.e., How Map regions are created (to minimize data flow through network)
and how the reduce phases are performed so that we can minimize
the flow of keys and values across machines .. and how these are planned by
the scheduler . Also can anyone tell me any related classes in the API
about the same so that we can control these manually .

Expecting some reply.

Thanks in advance

Re: Hbase Map-reduce Scheduler

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
I thank you are looking for this jira for reduce assignment

Regions are assigned in the map to be ran on the server hosting the region
but if there is an idle server it will pull the next map task.

Billy

"bharath vissapragada"
<bh...@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:73d592f60908200322n40aaaa93ycbacc67c71ee6f25@mail.gmail.com...