Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net> on 2011/05/04 10:42:13 UTC

UIMA Python integration?

Hi,

what's the current status on combining UIMA and Python?

I know that it should be possible to write AEs in Python using either
the BSF Annotator (and jython) or Pythonnator (using SWIG).  I haven't
tried either one yet, so I'm open to recommendations on which to use.

I would also very much like to write UIMA (and especially UIMA AS)
clients in Python.  Is it possible at all to use an annotation pipeline
from a language other than Java?  We are currently using the simple REST
server for this, but it has serious limitations.

Lastly, and probably more simply, I would like to be able to work with
XMI files using Python.  There used to be uimapy by Ed Loper, but I
can't find a copy anywhere and the sourcefore repository is empty.  I
found no mention on the mailing list of what happened to the project and
the discussion about seems to just have ended quite abruptly.

Thanks for any suggestions or hints,

Jens

Re: UIMA Python integration?

Posted by Nicolas Hernandez <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answers.

To pursue the discussion,

I d like to develop python applications which manage UIMA workflows
(creation, instantiation of AE, ...) in a similar way to the
org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework class described in the Chapter 3.
Application Developer's Guide of UIMA Tutorial and Developers' Guides
[1]

Any hints ? Or code examples ?

Best

[1] http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.0/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.application

--
Dr. Nicolas Hernandez
Associate Professor (Maître de Conférences)

Re: UIMA Python integration?

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicholas,

Re: UIMA Python integration?