Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/16 11:12:35 UTC

Spring Bean Serializer for Synapse Spring Mediator

Hi devs,

I have notices that Synapse Spring Mediator does not have a serializer for
the Spring Bean that is exposed as a Mediator (Spring Bean --> Spring XML
configuration file).
I have written a Spring Serializer that  will serilaze the Spring Bean
Mediator to Spring xml.

If this is a useful scenario to Synapse i can make a jira and put it as a
patch.
Please send your ideas regarding this i have attach a patch for that .

Thank you,
--
Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi
http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/

Re: Spring Bean Serializer for Synapse Spring Mediator

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Charith,

I also think that this better fits to the WSO2 ESB code than to synapse,
because the serialization part is not required and not supported by Synapse
at all.

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Asankha C. Perera <as...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi Charith
>
>> I what is in my mind is ex: the Spring Bean that we populate as a mediator
>> from the Spring config  has a feild of a Interface Type and at the Run time
>> users change the implementation object type using a Admin Console.And when
>> we shutdown the Synapse we need to  Serialise that.So what i did was wrote a
>> algorithem to traverse through Spring Beans Object Structure and make a
>> Spring XML for that and put it in the work/temp directory so users can
>> change there Spring xml in Registry/File by looking at it if it is need.
>>
>> But Yes I have a doubt that is it a requrement of Synapse.Thats why i
>> didnt created  a jira.
>> I'll attach a sample class to relflect my idea clearly.
>>
> Since Synapse does not have an admin console, I think your code would be of
> value with the WSO2 ESB codebase
>

> cheers
> asankha
>
> --
> Asankha C. Perera
> http://adroitlogic.org
>
> http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Ruwan Linton
http://wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"
http://ruwansblog.blogspot.com/

Re: Spring Bean Serializer for Synapse Spring Mediator

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Charith

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asanka,
I what is in my mind is ex: the Spring Bean that we populate as a mediator
from the Spring config  has a feild of a Interface Type and at the Run time
users change the implementation object type using a Admin Console.And when
we shutdown the Synapse we need to  Serialise that.So what i did was wrote a
algorithem to traverse through Spring Beans Object Structure and make a
Spring XML for that and put it in the work/temp directory so users can
change there Spring xml in Registry/File by looking at it if it is need.

But Yes I have a doubt that is it a requrement of Synapse.Thats why i didnt
created  a jira.
I'll attach a sample class to relflect my idea clearly.

Btw Thank you for the reply and shairing your ideas.I m bit new to synapse
so  i m not sure this senario is a problem synapse(a use case).

Thank you,
Charith

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Charith