Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by sl...@twcny.rr.com on 2015/02/27 22:42:03 UTC

version 4.1.1 can't spell check

I have windows 7.  Do I need Java to make the spell check work?I can’t load dict-eng.oxt in the extension manager. When I try, I get “.... dict-eng.oxt does not exist.”
Thanks
sent from my desktop
(my phone is not smart)

---

Re: version 4.1.1 can't spell check

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:44:49 +1100
Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM> wrote:

> On 28-Feb-15 08:42, slusarz@twcny.rr.com wrote:
> > I have windows 7.  Do I need Java to make the spell check work?
> No need
> > I can’t load dict-eng.oxt in the extension manager.
> You only can load it if it exists.
> > When I try, I get “.... dict-eng.oxt does not exist.”
> Go to
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice
> and download the extension
> > Thanks
> > sent from my desktop
> > (my phone is not smart)
> It's not your phone that need to be smart
> >
> > ---

If you are using Internet Explorer as a browser, it may have renamed dict-en.oxt to dict-en.zip.  If this is so, simply rename it back to .oxt and try installing again.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: version 4.1.1 can't spell check

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.