Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org> on 2022/01/12 04:34:58 UTC

Fails: PackageManagerCLITest

org.apache.solr.cloud.PackageManagerCLITest
Is usually failing:
http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/history-trend-of-recent-failures.html#series/org.apache.solr.cloud.PackageManagerCLITest.testPackageManager
Based on a quick, look, it seems that the package manager is calling
System.exit, which isn't allowed by the Lucene's test SecurityManager that
we're using.  The relevant code was recently touched by Jan but the
System.exit's have been there for a while.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Fails: PackageManagerCLITest

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
Hey David,

The errors should disappear now that
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15902 is in.

Note that this was caused partially by a buggy semver library
mis-calculating version expressions (branch_9x), but also the versions were
hardcoded so that when main upgraded to 10.0.0, it no longer passed on main
either.

There is a separate ticket to tackle the semver issues (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15910) , but I think the tests
should start passing now.

- Houston

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
Reopened the issue, because the tests are in fact not fixed yet. Working on
it now.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <jh...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,