Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by han liu <mr...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/18 14:49:33 UTC

Provide new protocol to support agent push metrics into the Skywalking

Hi dev team,

Follow the metrics system future in Skywalking 8, I will provide a new
protocol between the agent and Skywalking backend. Also, I will adapt to
the micro-meter framework in java.

I wrote a design doc[1], you could get more detail here.

[1]:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oM0NUvN8cyEzDyHyL5FjSA_hPEhnpxGA782jDWtEgDU/edit#

Re: Provide new protocol to support agent push metrics into the Skywalking

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thank Han for sharing this. To anyone interesting in the meter system,
welcome to review the design doc.
I and Han Liu have a long time discussion about this design, also
considering the +高洪涛@skywalking <ha...@apache.org> 's Prometheus use
case.

This one will provide the features for our native agents, in multiple
languages, natively and in default, we will implement this in Java agent
level.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

han liu <mr...@gmail.com> 于2020年5月18日周一 下午10:49写道: