Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Tony Hoyt <gm...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/24 17:59:55 UTC

Axis2 and WSDL Attributes

I've just started using Axis2/C and noticed something odd when I attempted to use the wsdl2c app.  It appears that the app does not know how to translate attributes, currently.  Does this sound familiar to anyone, or seem strange in any way.

I'll try to come up with an example in the next few minutes, but I wanted to throw this out now to see if anyone could tell me what is it I'm missing.

  Tony

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Re: Axis2 and WSDL Attributes

Posted by Tony Hoyt <gm...@yahoo.com>.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu
Okay, My bad, I figured it out.  I just got freaked out when it happened.  The general issue is simple.  It appears with a wsdl I've used, that the writer assumed that any attribute that didn't specify a type, was by default typed xs:string.  As such, Axis didn't know how to handle the objects, and resulted in some errors in my project.  I went back and changed the wsdl, and everything was fine, in the end.  So yah, minor detail.  Nothing major, I'm not going to push any idea about changing the behavior of axis since it's rational what happened, just sort of surprised me.