Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dwane Hall <dw...@hotmail.com> on 2019/07/12 02:50:59 UTC

Spark-Solr connector

Hey guys,

I’ve just started looking at the excellent spark-solr project (thanks Tim Potter, Kiran Chitturi, Kevin Risden and Jason Gerlowski for their efforts with this project it looks really neat!!).

I’m only at the initial stages of my exploration but I’m running into a class not found exception when connecting to a secure solr cloud instance (basic auth, ssl).  Everything is working as expected on a non-secure solr cloud instance.

The process looks pretty straightforward according to the doco so I’m wondering if I’m missing anything obvious or if I need to bring any extra classes to the classpath when using this project?

Dwane

Environments tried

7.6 and 8.1.1 solr cloud

SSL, Basic Auth Plugin, Rules Based Authorisation Plugin enabled

Spark v 2.4.3

Spark-Solr build spark-solr-3.7.0-20190619.153847-16-shaded.jar

./spark-2.4.3-bin-hado./spark-2.4.3-bin-hadoop2.7/bin/spark-shell --master local[*] --jars spark-solr-3.7.0-20190619.153847-16-shaded.jar --conf 'spark.driver.extraJavaOptions=-Dbasicauth=solr:SolrRocks'

val options = Map(

        "collection" -> "My_Collection",

        "zkhost" -> "zkn1:2181,zkn2:2181,zkn3:2181/solr/SPARKTEST"

      )

val df = spark.read.format("solr").options(options).load

com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/client/api/Authentication

  at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2261)

  at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:4000)

  at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:4004)

  at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4874)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.util.SolrSupport$.getCachedCloudClient(SolrSupport.scala:244)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.util.SolrSupport$.getSolrBaseUrl(SolrSupport.scala:248)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.SolrRelation.dynamicSuffixes$lzycompute(SolrRelation.scala:100)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.SolrRelation.dynamicSuffixes(SolrRelation.scala:98)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.SolrRelation.getBaseSchemaFromConfig(SolrRelation.scala:299)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.SolrRelation.querySchema$lzycompute(SolrRelation.scala:239)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.SolrRelation.querySchema(SolrRelation.scala:108)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.SolrRelation.schema(SolrRelation.scala:428)

  at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.DataSource.resolveRelation(DataSource.scala:403)

  at org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.loadV1Source(DataFrameReader.scala:223)

  at org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:211)

  at org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:167)

  ... 49 elided

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/client/api/Authentication

  at com.lucidworks.spark.util.SolrSupport$.getSolrCloudClient(SolrSupport.scala:214)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.util.SolrSupport$.getNewSolrCloudClient(SolrSupport.scala:240)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.util.CacheCloudSolrClient$$anon$1.load(SolrSupport.scala:38)

  at com.lucidworks.spark.util.CacheCloudSolrClient$$anon$1.load(SolrSupport.scala:36)

  at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3599)

  at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2379)

  at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2342)

  at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2257)

  ... 64 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jetty.client.api.Authentication

  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)

  ... 72 more

Re: Spark-Solr connector

Posted by Dwane Hall <dw...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn I'll raise a question on the GitHub page. Cheers,
Dwane
________________________________
> I’ve just started looking at the excellent spark-solr project (thanks Tim Potter, Kiran Chitturi, Kevin Risden and Jason Gerlowski for their efforts with this project it looks really neat!!).
>
> I’m only at the initial stages of my exploration but I’m running into a class not found exception when connecting to a secure solr cloud instance (basic auth, ssl).  Everything is working as expected on a non-secure solr cloud instance.
>
> The process looks pretty straightforward according to the doco so I’m wondering if I’m missing anything obvious or if I need to bring any extra classes to the classpath when using this project?

The exception here (which I did not quote) is in code from Google,
Spark, and Lucidworks.  There are no Solr classes mentioned at all in
the stacktrace.

Which means that we won't be able to help you on this list.  Looking
closer at the stacktrace, it looks to me like you're going to need to
talk to Lucidworks about this problem.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Spark-Solr connector