Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kent Närling <ke...@seamless.se> on 2008/11/13 12:03:20 UTC

Possible to resolve non-java dependencies using maven dependencies?

Is it possible to resolve non-java dependencies using maven dependencies?
For example, if one project has XSD:s that depends on XSD:s in other
projects?

I can obviously declare the dependent XSD as an artifact with a classifier
and then depend on it so that part is pretty natural.
However, how do I then declare it in the XSD referring to it?

And I might also want this to work inside Eclipse etc...

Maybe there a way for the dependencies to put the dependent files in a well
defined place under target/ however you naturally want to avoid a statement
like "../../target/... bla bla" inside your XSD... ?

And this does not only apply to XSD:s... for instance we would like to have
some DTD:s for docbook files available for grammar verification in the
editors etc and inputting the proper internet URL makes the build slooow...
and makes it not work offline...